Saturday, July 26, 2008

Please hold

I don't want to make this blog a grumble-fest, but here goes. 

Three Australian airports in the last month, three completely different wireless *services*. In Melbourne, you pay. In Brisbane it's free. In Sydney, you go via Optus or Telstra, or some weird and complicated thing of the local airport corporation involving rejigging modes of reception or something...  

But the idea of being at the airport, popping open the laptop and logging on at Sydney, forget it. Hey, it's only Australia's busiest airport, the one where you are most likely to be delayed.  

As it happened, a woman who was phoning through text changes for a Telstra advertisement, while working on her laptop, let me use hers for a bit. Maybe it had something to do with the outburst I provided when I realised I would not be going online during the ninety minute wait for my delayed flight. 



No comments: